Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a civic esi 1994, basically the rear arch on the passanger side is covered in rust. it wasnt so bad before, but now its all starting to crumble away. on the curve of the arch there is a gap about half an inch wide and about a foot long where it is rusted right through, and also the inner arch no longer meets the side panel so you can actually see the tyre from inside the car (behind the speaker panel bit in the back)
this has meant that every time i drive in rain the water is coming in and collecting in the sill next to the door where it has rusted right through too :(

im looking to get it repaired but am not sure what would be best to do:

- try to fill and patch it all myself (!) bearing in mind the rest of the cars not exactly in perfect condition and ive used filler etc before

- buy one of these http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/ha...C6957E3C8025759D00780FFF!EditDocument&Ret=ALL and get a friend to weld it in (he works as a coachbuilder for volkswagen)
has anyone used these panels before?

- try and find a rear quarter panel in ok condition and get him to fit that

anybody got any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Mum drives a 'T-Reg' Honda Civic which has rust around the wheel arch at the back on the left-hand side which in places has bubbled up so is only surface rust
but in another place it is raised and a hole has appeared.
The M.O.T is being done next week and yesterday I covered the rust over 'sympathetically' with silver gaffer tape as that is the colour of the car.
"Will the M.O.T examiner have to remove the tape in order to look at the rust?"
The rust has always been an advisory up to now but I am fearing a fail.
Any advice please
TIA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.