Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone changed their door cards, ive put all leather interior in my coupe except for my cards, took the door card off and it seems to be bonded just thinking can anyone help me with this?
it's a ek civic 96-00 2/3/4 dr cheers

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ya got a pic mate?? If its anything like mine...

Then they're heat pressed on. I've been told that if you drill them out and then use self-tapping screws to re-fix them then it shloud be ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are like that yeah, cant find any leather door pannel inserts anywhere for an 96-00 ek civic coupe, i have found some red type r ones witch are really nice but will not match my theme, might have to buy a sheet of leather and use the stock door card as a template, if any knows where you can find some leather inserts please let me know,
thank you

·
Registered
795 Posts
Give Skinny a shout mate He knows a spot that sells a leather by the meter. If you can hang on a couple of weeks I'll be putting up a tutorial on how to re-trim door cards. I've got a EG but I imagine the principle is the same.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yeh, drill them out.. i used one of the beveling things that you use to make a dent in wood so the a screw head fits flush.. cant remember what they are called..

The i leathered them, and put them back on with a shit load of glue gun.. still going strong.. Its an easy enough project to be honest..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts