Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im thinking of a project...

to buy a civic aerodeck 1.8vti for at most £1500...then buy a civic (eg/ek) but with engine damage and then do engine swap

what do you guys think? good idea or am i shooting myself in the foot?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yes...i figured out its cheaper buying the whole car rather than engine plus gearbox and driveshaft and so on

project car really as ive done three years mechanic so might aswell start somewhere lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol cool!!! only problem is the engine is a B18C4 (good engine dont get me wrong) is the gearbox it comes with...i been told in second gear it takes quite awhile to pick up or have i been lied to? im actually excited about this project and hopefully if all goes well ill have myself a little job at a garage :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
you will also need new engine mounts as they are diff compared to eg's (so ive heard) i know the gearbox mount is well different.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mounts and all that no worries....im only gona start properly planning when i get the aerodeck but at the moment i need money lol...engine cranez cost like £800!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
yeah machine mart do a half tonne one for around 125-130. dont quote me on that though, but i know its cheap!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
woah silly me!!! cheers paul for helping me with that otherwise id look stupid on a £800 engine crane which id use rarely lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts