Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get after-market shocks for these cars, have looked through ebay, google etc with not much luck, all i can find is Springs or Coilovers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The standard answer i have found at every turn is "Buy eibach springs and koni shocks" - so basically silly money.

I'll be whacking a set of springs on standard shocks and then probably just buy a set of bilstein replacements or coilovers when the standard jobbies give up the ghost

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Paul, they can be alright so long as you buy decent springs and don't go too low on standard shocks.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Edd said:
Paul, they can be alright so long as you buy decent springs and don't go too low on standard shocks.
Edd no
its not the bottoming out issue its the lack of damping the original shocks give on uprated springs you will get away with the back but the front end with the engine there is just to heavy ,
i am speaking from my own lets just try it situations on several cars and within the week there was konis bilsteins etc fitted
its alright if you poodle around like miss daisy and the roads are like marble tables but if theres any bumps especially undulating ones forget it its just not worth doing the job twice.

ps . i did not reply for an argument mate its just my findings :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good stuff guys, its currently on up-rated springs and standard shocks and its very bouncey especially on the roads up here. Been looking at a few different set-ups dont find much parts for the MB's though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts