Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone.

Im having some problems with my Civic. I had to do a bit of hard braking the other day and the wheels locked up..... Big time. My last civic ABS was great it actually was the only ABS system that stops the car well i feel. There is no ABS warning light on. Also the ABS light doesn't come on when the ignition is on like the SRS light does. Does this mean that maybe someone has removed the bulb or the bulb has blown and the light technically is on to tell me there is a problem?

Sorry if i have confused anyone with all that.

Cheers for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mathew, Checked the fuses in the car and under the bonnet all seem to be fine. I wont be doing no crazy speeds as its low on ye olde petrol..... and i may have overspent this month already. Also up in aberdeen the roads are a bit icy! Cheers for the help!

-- 11 Nov 2008, 12:12 --

Oh also my heaters only work on number 3 and 4 if this has anyhting to do with it, i wouldn't imagine it would though.... maybe lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everybody has that heater problem it seems. Usefull company found here thanks to ItsNotAFreakinRover:-
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know about the ABS but I'm fairly sure the light should come on when you start the engine. I suspect previous owner fixed an ABS fault by removing the bulb :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hi
the abs light should always come on with the ignition then when you start the car it does a self check and goes off ,
if its not on you have to check/change the bulb first then go from there
it sounds like as said in last post that someone selling the car removed the bulb because of a fault in the system
also it will need fixing before your mot as it will fail because of this .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
my abs light stays on for longer than all the others, but it does go off (or is it the SRS light?) ABS is definitely worth having if its icy already!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have suffered from that heater problem with my mb6 for ages since infact i bought it. Just asumed it was worn?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would get the bulb checked

Also its an MOT fail if the bulb does not ignite with the ignition and then go out.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
paul20v said:
hi
the abs light should always come on with the ignition then when you start the car it does a self check and goes off ,
if its not on you have to check/change the bulb first then go from there
it sounds like as said in last post that someone selling the car removed the bulb because of a fault in the system
also it will need fixing before your mot as it will fail because of this .
sonic_vi said:
I would get the bulb checked

Also its an MOT fail if the bulb does not ignite with the ignition and then go out.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to rip apart the dash tonight and replace the bulb, cheers for the link to the heaters annoying havin it on full tilt or not at all! Does anyone know which ones are required the open coils or the ceramic?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just had the exact same problem with my mb6 vti-s.....1st the fan controller 1 and 2 stopped working then four days later my ABS light stays on...whats goin on im confuzzled!!!

Does anyone know how to reset the ABS light or does the sensor needs changing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts