Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve just been pulled by our local friendly plod for my private plate. I,ve posted pics on another thread.
gallery/oil-burner-t403.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I knew I was breaking the law but was under the impression only one space was shifted between the letters and numbers.
I got pulled 500 yards from my house which makes it even more annoying.
Anyway, the DVLA are on a national crackdown of people falsifying plate information and have enforced this by getting the police to pull as many cars as possible.
First you get an information sheet from the dvla, the nice plod will give you this. (v796)
secondly plod has to fill in a form which ticks all the boxes which violate the dvla rules
then you get read your rights
then you pay a £30 charge
then you have 14 days to pay and change the plates.(no producer tho?)
Fonts and spacing have to be to british standard
the only decoration allowed is the blue background with yellow star euro or GB badge on the left hand side.
No screws obscuring or altering any letters
a postcode or plate makers name must be displayed.
This is not made up. I have the form v796 in front of me.
DVLA have the power to remove the plate from the owners and fines up to £1000 for repeat offenders.
Previously I got a talking to or a producer. This has made me fit my legal plates (which I always carry in the boot) permenantly.
Why did I have to get Tackleberry plod?

·
Registered
780 Posts
back luck mate, try dans plate, 7x2 inches, they cant even read it lol

i'm hoping them wont bother with mine, its a legal plate but i cut the border down to make it smaller and i don't have anything written on it, totally plain but looks really smart

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i have that form in my car in case they try and pull me for a 4x4 square plate i have on the rear. (legal spacing etc).

they have a massive crackdown because it confuses the automatic numberplate recognition system into thinking the plate reads something else.

i trimmed the top of my rear plate so i could fit a square full size plate in a normal hole. any camera thats high up cant read it properly. i saw at a petrol station that it read it wrong. was funny. hopefully camera's on bridges cant read it lol but then they are normally forward facing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts