Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these on ebay what you guys thing , i know there cheap and nasty but would they be ok considering i wont be keeping this car long(a year until a vti :p) , but still want to have it looking good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-del-Sol-CRX ... m153.l1262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: cheap eBay coilovers

it'll b getting scrapped if you put those on, you will bounce into the first tree you come across

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

my mate has them on his esi i know there rubbish but hes got his esi sitting at 80mm all round on 15 " rota slipstreams , its a black esi , i just looking for the cheapest way to deck my car lol

cheers for all of your advice tho

·
Registered
795 Posts

nickyboy said:
cheapest = the worst
I agree with you mate. Definately if your gonna splash out on coilovers get a proper set from somewhere reputable like demon-tweeks or something (I know demon-tweeks are extorsion but they're quite well known) DOn't go wasting your time and money on a set like that, they'll screw you over before you have time to brake!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts

y are thay so bad???
are they made out of the same metal??
are these just your views on them or fact???
has any 1 been spat out of a corner cos of fitting cheap springs/coilovers?? (u mite be driving to fast!!!)
if any1 really knows the answers and not just spoutin off manufactor spill from jamex, spax etc
i wood be very gratefull

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

they are bad.. they dont replace the actual shocks..
If the standard shocks get lowered too far.. sometimes even lowered at all.. they will 'pop' up when coming out of a dip or bend (even at low speeds) which stop you having enough traction to steer or break efficiently..

Hope that helps.. but yeh.. steer clear of them..

Also please refrain from using 'text' typing ie. 'y?' .. Thanks

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

right every one who has said there bad is bang on , i have experimented with all sorts of suspension set ups you get what you pay for , dont ever skimp on suspension buy decent stuff or dont buy at all its just not worth the looks to go for a crap set .
never ever put uprated springs on standard shocks in any form or shape there not designed or capable of damping the rebound of uprated springs.

·
Registered
208 Posts

thank you for that that makes sense
for the record i need coil overs for gas shocks of known origin
if you go by price and currency £ to $ the ebay crap works out the same as a set from the uk just made in USA not Europe
everything are cheaper over there
its $4 a gallon
if 'ebay crap' r fitted to decent shocks how can they be worse than spax etc (for example)
is the metal inferior?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

you definately need to know who makes them , you mentioned spax but they are at the bottom of the pile too ,
i personally only use koni or bilstein ,
there exspensive but you will never look back but this is only my personal choice after many others have been and gone ,
bilstein also has a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser , i did have an issue with a billy once and they sent me a new one then i just returned the faulty one , fantastic service.
in saying that i am running koni ta s at the moment but there are other good makes out there too .

·
Registered
208 Posts

what makes a good spring???
thats the bit i dont get they all look the same
apart from drop size and colour
they are metal and springy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts