Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

complete noob to this site and a complete noob to Honda's after a long driving history with Nissan and suprise suprise I have encountered my first problem.

Can someone please tell me how I can remove the stereo in my EK as I do not have a clue!

Also - can someone provide a wiring diagram just in case the wires have been butchered!

Many thanks in advance - im off to the newbie section to properly introduce myself!

Lee

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I highly doubt you will need a wiring diagram there is very few back there from the stock unit.

You may have to take apart part of your dashboard to get at the back of the unit where there is one screw holding it in place. If it's not the stock unit you're replacing, that screw will probably have been removed already (it's a pain).

Once this has been checked, you will probably have two small holes half way up on either side of the unit. Get two long thin peices of steel (coat hanger perhaps?) and press them both all the way in. It should pop right out :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The way I took mine out:

Remove the plastic from underneeth the steering wheel (3 screws then 3 clips).
Pop the glove box out.
Remove the 2 screws on either side of the unit.
Pull it out.

Easy as pie ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool - that should do nicely!

Do I need a fascia plate as well? It doesn't look like I will but I cant be sure.

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out that the stereo was never screwed in anyway, so must have been changed out in the past.

Was a five minute job and my stereo setup is fantastic now :)

Thanks for the help all!

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts