Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya got some new sidelights for my car and had a look yesterday but dont see how i can get my hand in to get them out. the plastic cover came off ok just cant reach sidelights.
any one changed them on this car?? its a 2003 facelift civic sport btw.
thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need to get in from under the wheel arches. If you are doing the right hand side turn the wheels to full left lock to give yourself some space. Have a look at the edge of the plastic liner where it meets the wing - there are plastic fittings that are about the size of Polo's with a bit pushed into where the hole in the Polo would be. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to lever the inner part of the fitting outwards, it does not need to come right out, 6-8mm is enough to allow you to then take the rest of the fitting out of the wing. There is one fitting near the top of the arch and another level with the light, if you take those 2 out you should then be able to bend the wheel arch liner back far enough to get your hand up to the sidelight.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i need to do my left hand side one, was changing right hand side headlight bulb because it went, turned them on dead happy with myself and my frigin girlfriend told me my left sidelight was gone.....yay! :evil:

·
Registered
78 Posts
my headlight went too, they not bad to change, im prob guna get some blue xenon sidelights and give it a go cos they only a couple of quid so not a loss if i cant do it! should be okay tho :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i changed mine a few times now.. someone told me they had to go from near the wheel but i just unscrewed the long plastic bit down the side that lifts straight off and stuck my hand in round.. it is a wee bit tricky but wasnt too hard.. maybe urs is a diff shape mines 05 but try reaching in round first before you make it more complicated than it has to be :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
aye go in through the arch... once youve done it once and found the bulb you can do it easily over and over again haah...

piece o piss once you get it done once :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts