Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own honda civic sport 1.5 vtec hb and i am going to change the dreary velvet lining on it with a leather lookalike (faux leather) fabric .
I am sure its gonna look great.. wait for the write up and the snap shots fellas.
cheers :idea:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Thought about doing this to my mb, be interesting to see the results. On another note, I saw a full leather interior in grey from a rover 400/45 going on ebay, and the doorcards had leather where the fabric would be, looked sweet. Cant remember the price it was going for but seats etc looked nice.
Cant wait to see this done! will be watching this one ;)

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a go at this in my 99 coupe. The car's dark green and i had some Camo fabric (love it or hate it, i did it any way.) i think it suits.
It was fairlly easy, the door card just pops off at certain points and has some screws on the interior door release, also on the armrest itself (where your window switches are.) The arm rests then come away with a little force...be carefull! i pulled back the crappy old velvet and cut my fabric to size, then sprayed the armrests with a spray adhesive and layed the new fabric and reassembled the door.
A bit of an impulse Mod for me, but the results are easy to make look professional.
[attachment=0:3hr7076i]DSC00093.JPG[/attachment:3hr7076i]

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts