Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone..

a couple o months ago in the snow i turned into a carpark in my 2005 civic sport...
the car though didnt turn but the steering did.. it turned at the last minute and the front wheel made heavy impact with a kerb.

the car began to veer to the right slightly. it progressibvly got worse and i noticed a real difference when i put on type r alloys on it

i recently took it to a garage and they said it was the suspension bracket?? they replaced that but are claiming the car still veers...

they have now ordered a part (i feel like an idiot saying this but i have forgotten what it is) and they think that might solve it

they said that if it doesnt the only other thing is the hub and brace? (again i am not very techniqual with this stuff so please correct me if i have said the wrong stuff)

all together if they need to replace everything it is gonna come to about £600 he said..

now this garage has done my parents MOTs etc and they have said he is very trustworthy... however i am 17 so i do not know if he is just taking me for a ride....

any help on this would be really appreciated guys.. as i just purchased 4 new toyo tires for the type r alloys so £600 and the price of the tires leaves me not a lot of money for the month haha

Edit:

further imformation...

they have replaced - lower suspension bracket

ordered - shock absorber

if it doesnt work - ordering - hub and wheel bearing

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Paul's your man on this, I reckon...

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hi
whats a lower suspension bracket , do they mean the lower suspension arm ?
sounds like there just naming things to baffle you
also im sorry to say but they just seem to be randomly changing items till they get it right ,
they have obviously done no measuring or any checking of any components for damage etc
at this rate they will have just changed the whole suspension set upon that side at your exspense till its right
they sound like a right bunch of uneducated muppets.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Or both?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Tis true, first thing you want them to do is strip the assembly down and look for damaged, worn or faulty components.... they don't sound good :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the garage and had a look at the suspension arm (they said bracket) and it had actually sheared in one place

they said they fitted the new one then aligned the steering then toook it for a drive and it still veered... they said,

they think that it is either the shock absorber or hub and wheel bearing... the shock absorber is cheaper so they are saying that because it could be either or...

they will order the cheaper shock absorber and hope it helps... and if it doesnt then order the other two parts

like i said i love cars and that but i dont have a lot of knolledge on this stuff so i dunno if i approached it the right way in the garage etc... i nipped in on my own cause dad was working and my brother in law who knows alot about cars is offshore... so i dunno if they are taking me in the arse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts