Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hya as u might know I have an L reg civic hatch, well over the past two days it has started hiccuping quite badley when it has warmed up, I have had the plugs and leads changed and although reduced it is still happening. Any ideas?? Also where is the rotery arm as I might chage that too
cheers viki

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the arm is inside the distributor. you need to remove the cap. 1st you need to remove the ht leads (making sure that you label them so they go back on in the right order) and change the rotor arm. its also a good idea to replace the cap at the same time but you dont always need to. are you sure the spark is causing your problem?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I am not sure wat is caueing the problems, my dad always said start with the simple things first ie plugs leads and distributer. Its a really wierd problem cause it only does it once the car has warmed up and it is almost like its dying then it comes back ti life but it happens either loads or not at all. Once I changed the plugs and leads it got better so maybe it is that kinda area. What are the other options that could be causing it?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
it sounds to me like it could be a fueling problem , it may be weak as improving the spark has bettered it but not cured it
also when your cold you have more fuel then when hot ,
the problem with this as with other problems you have to see the car to get an idea of the problem , its like phoning the doc instead of going to the surgery ,
all we can do is point you in directions that it might be but this is quite random
sorry .

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 1.5 lsi does exactly that, ive changed spark pulgs but like u sed makes little difference, if u get it sorted before me please let me know what it was so i can sort mine cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was something to do with my exhaust sensor wire not being connected doh, somethin really simple that a garage had to shop me. Did I feel silly lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts