Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car takes ages to start! as soon as it does if i press the accelerator it dies!!! please can some one help!
its a mb6 1.8 vti

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its got a fuel tank of super unleaded in it! i can hear the fuel pump priming! it really annoying! could it be spark plugs as it wont start at all now just keeps turning but no kick

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
take plugs out and hold them on the head or block connected up and turn it over... you will see the spark if they work

no engine light?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Fuel filter, Oil, Oil filter, Plugs, Dizzy, Injectors, Starter motor, Bypass Valve, Mass/airflow meter, check them all lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had someone rove and refit sparks tonight. it started no problem, but problem reoccured. going get some new one fitted in the morning should do the trick

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
if it started then stopped prob something cloggin the spark rather then the sparks... doubt they would work then just stop then work again. was there loads of oil on then or black soot?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they were very black and oily. Its at the garage at the moment should be sorted. After the sparks were swapped around last night it started fine then I took it for a drive was okay. Switched it off then tried start it again it took ages kick in. But this time it revs roughly

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
yeah if they were coated in oil and black soot it means 1 oil is getting into your cylinders and 2 the petrol isnt combusting well (probs a result of oil in cylinder)

head gasket, valve seals, piston rings, oil over filled, ect

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks everyone had some new spark plugs and had the dizzy cleaned and its been fine! hopefully it will continue to be aswell dont want no expensive repair bills on my head! ha ha thanks for info everyone

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem. Mechanic thinks it's the CKP (crankshaft position sensor), but the problem could also be the wires that control the CKP with the camshaft position and spark plugs. Unfortunately all this is controlled by the ECM, which applause Honda did well to F up. A lot of people have this issue and it's almost always a faulty ECU/ECM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts