Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have i been f**ked?

i took my car into an auto electricians last week because there was a short somewhere on my alternator and speedo sensor circuit, the fault turned out to be near the 02 sensor on the exhaust according to the autoelectrician who worked on it, but when i got the car back its got even more problems now.

- the speedo doesnt work
- the rev count doesnt work
- the engine temp gauge doesnt work
- the fuel gauge worked for 2 days but now its gone all the way to the top (normally i wouldnt complain, but i havent put ANY in it since i got it back)
- the boot open light doesnt come on (on the instruments)
- the engine check light doesnt come on
- the oil check light doesnt come on
- the hand brake light doesnt come on

the only ones that work are

- the green key (immobiliser light)
- the battery check light

i took my dials out of the dash today to have a look to make sure everything is plugged in and noticed what looks like some dodgey soldering!?!?!

what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Haha got to love that! Hes also damaged part of the PCB (look to the right of the wire). Take it back to him, tell him hes a fuckwit and either sort it out or replace your mutilated dials.

Edit:

ETA I also have a set of EK3 dials if you need a cluster.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what was he actually trying to do?

did he think i wouldnt realise that nothing infront of me works anymore!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have absolutely no idea, it seems he is trying to jump across the 2 lights as to why he would want to do this I guess only he will know! Defiantly take it back to him and either ask him to fix it or give you the money for a new one.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
That cluster has got to be changed.... I certainly would not put that back in my motor!

Personally I would not let him work on it again.... get your money back, he's got to be a knob with that quality of work.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah do what Civit said, get your money back for the work that he did and try and push them for a new cluster (I wouldn't hold my breath on this though).

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
oh my god
you want your MONEY BACK and a RELACEMENT dash , and dont take no for an answer if you get problems trading standards need to be involved
sh1t heads like this should not be allowed near cars it really grips my sh1t so called fucking experts
if it was me he would not get away with this its a fucking disgrace
take no sh1t mate get it sorted :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
omfg!!!

how did you get on with this bro did you get it sorted?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ye got it sorted thanks, the guy who i bought the car of had done this so that i couldnt see that the engine warning light was on!! C**T but ive got the clocks fixed now and the warning light has just gone off for some reason lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
was it a new dash?

if it's the same one repaired id check for faults anyway incase he buggered the light...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts