Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just putting this out to gauge interest really.

I am thinking of setting up a weekend long driving and camping trip situated in Wales. I know a lot of the roads around here and will be able to lead some fantastic drives around the countryside.

I have a route mapped out in my mind which includes some spectacular scenery and some quite simply awesome driving roads. A lot of these I know like the back of my hand so will be able to lead a group of people through them quite happily. The route will also include the infamous Black Mountain Pass which is where some of the best scenery is for the keen photographers out there.

This is what I was thinking the course of the weekend could take:

Friday: Everyone travel down to my house (farm) and camp over night in one of the fields. We can all have a chat and a drink and get to know each other etc! There is plenty of parking available and people who are really low should be fine.

Saturday: Begin driving some of the roads and head up Wales a bit (not sure where we will end up yet as I am undecided on the final route. Maybe explore the local area a bit and camp there for the evening.

Sunday: Complete the rest of the round and then all head off our separate ways. People are welcome to camp at my house again if they have long drives ahead of them and would rather do it on the Saturday.

I was thinking some time in the summer around June/July time?

As with anything like this there will be ‘rules’ that I expect people to abide by when either driving or at my house. These will be explained and anyone caught dicking around or attempting to steal anything from the farm WILL be politely told they are no longer welcome and asked to go home.

What do people think?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Re: The Wales Camping/Driving meet

That sounds like a brilliant idea and a really good weekend, anyone with free time on their hands should take you up on that generous offer immediately. I unfortunately have too many commitments nowadays and just getting out locally is a struggle for me with a young family, work Etc.

Thats the trouble with responsibilities.... miss out on good stuff like this :cry: Good luck though ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Don't worry Civit! It should be an ace weekend.

OT: Are you going to Japfest down at Combe?

·
Registered
41 Posts

Where abouts in wales is this. We would be up for this. We do this with my boyfriends ford probe club and we always have a great time getting drunk and getting to know people.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

Would be a bit of a treck over for me, but it could easily be done. What's the closest town/city/area so I can get an idea of how long it's likely to take to actually get there. Hopefully I'll have actually start getting my theory and full test sorted before then!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

To both: Its near Abergavenny, South Wales.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

Well it'd be about 5 hours if I pass me test by then - if not, and if my GF doesn't drive, it'll be nearly 8 hours... better get that fucking theory done, eh!

Edit:

If/when this happens (or indeed any large-ish meet) I reckon it should be a rule that people have the HCF logo decal in the w8indow(s) lol :)

Edit:

If there are any Bank Holiday weekends in June/July that might be a decent time to do this as it'll give people a chance to get back home on the Sunday/Monday without driving tired?

·
Registered
711 Posts

I'd be up for this! I'm from North Wales, (home of the infamous Horseshoe Pass and Evo Triangle) but would quite enjoy the five hours drive down south to meet some of you!
Any ideas on when or is it a general summer date?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cool, it will be 10th to 12th of July.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Sounds class m8i am in cheshire so aint too far for me...
I kno 2 lads ones got a ek9 others got a colt mivec both really great motors and they regularly do the evo triangle so am sure they'll join me in coming down...

Keep us informed m8i :)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

OK Edd, I'm going to try and get the Friday (10th) off today, as is the GF. Hopefully we can, if not We'll maybe just drive to my Gran's house (in Workington, Cumbria) on the Friday night and then down to yours in the morning...

Be nice to put a few faces to names!

Edit:

Well I have got the Friday off, but they said I have to come back on Monday, which isn't good! lol, now just fingers crossed for the GF.... if she gets it, then it's all set! :D

Edit:

Aye well she's got the day off on the Friday as well, so it looks like we'll be there!

Any more details on the times etc. for Friday? Wouldn't want to turn up at 9:00 if you're not expecting people until like 18:00 or vice versa.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

You gonna be touting those at Edd's then? lol

I think it's time this forum got a 'report' button?

·
Registered
12,742 Posts

Know its been a little while since this was discussed but I'd be up for it. I go camping regularly and couldn't think of anything better, camping, driving, nice scenery, similar minded people and plenty of booze :mrgreen: I could possibly get another couple of Civics to come from round my end just need a date really as I go to festivals and car shows through the summer so I'm not free every weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

Edd said:
Cool, it will be 10th to 12th of July.
Here's your date.

·
Registered
332 Posts

heard about this on cl, may be able to make it, will know nearer the time!!

·
Registered
12,742 Posts

Ah sorry my bad, had a glegg over it all and like the idea didn't dig for details :redface:

Get back to you guys on this but it does sound like fun and I don't think I am doing anything that weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

How many people's confirmed?

·
Registered
376 Posts

think its a 5-6 hour trek for me . but hey if theres booze involved i might make an appearance aha ah ahaha :p if im invited lol

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

Edd, are there any more details for this yet?

What time are you wanting people to start arriving? We've got the Friday off so can come at any time ( will take about 5 or 6 hours )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts