Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can actually make a start on my civic now I've got a proper job ^_^

Can anyone tell me anything/opinions on their cat back exhausts? Have been looking at the spec II & IV really

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Ive got a buddy club N1 cat back exhaust system and i can tell you right now you should get one!!! Got a mate with a custom built exhaust system and and it sounds sh*t!!! He says he wished he'd spent the money on a buddy club after hearing my exhaust.
My system is great as it's quite when your just cruising around at tesco's but when you give it some gas she really comes alive. Very good exhaust compared to some exhaust which are WAY to noise even when you are idling.

Iv'e got a movie of my exhaust so ill try n get it up on you tube tonight n ill send the link to let you hear it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, sounds good - it's the deciding of whether to spend the money or not! I want it to sound nice but not too much noise because I'm pretty sure it'd just get on my nerves after a while

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Heres the wee movie of my BuddyClub system

[youtube:1k1dziyn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQu3cZh6_QU[/youtube:1k1dziyn]

At low revs the system is nice and quite, quite enough that my family doesn't mind coming along in the car. But at high revs it is a real nice sounding animal, plus with the Vtec blaring from the front its even nicer:p

·
Registered
614 Posts
Gibbscp said:
Ive got a buddy club N1 cat back exhaust system and i can tell you right now you should get one!!! Got a mate with a custom built exhaust system and and it sounds sh*t!!! He says he wished he'd spent the money on a buddy club after hearing my exhaust.
My system is great as it's quite when your just cruising around at tesco's but when you give it some gas she really comes alive. Very good exhaust compared to some exhaust which are WAY to noise even when you are idling.

Iv'e got a movie of my exhaust so ill try n get it up on you tube tonight n ill send the link to let you hear it.
ive got a buddyclub exhaust (think its spec 4 or 5) but i agree with gibbscp, best exhaust for hondas by miles, if u dont get one itl be a big mistake!!! low revs it can be quite, 2-3 thousand its deep as u like and htting 5+ it squeels and the vtec crossover is what i live for m8!!!!! GET A BUDDYCLUB SYSTEM!!!!!(i would put up a vid but it wouldn;t do it justice!!!)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Link to a vid with my car fitted with an AEM v2 and a BC Spec IV

These are quiet at normal town driving speeds but rather loud in tec

Half way through the vid is where the sound is best.

Also, first time on track so I'm not going to hack anyone slagging off the crap lines and gear shifts lol
[youtube:dmqomvf2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU6EXID4C4U[/youtube:dmqomvf2]

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hey for a first time i don't think your lines are that bad at all

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Well I'd think you should be by now, BuddyClub are some of the best systems you can get and ain't priced too high either

·
Registered
65 Posts
try heal toeing. easy in a vtec as its such a free revving engine. gives you much more stability.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LucasB16A2 said:
try heal toeing. easy in a VTEC as its such a free revving engine. gives you much more stability.
brizbraz said:
Also, first time on track so I'm not going to hack anyone slagging off the crap lines and gear shifts lol

Heard it all before mate :rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
i wasn't trying to be nasty or anything or get at anyone. just something he could improve on if he wanted to try it :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
what does the tail pipe look like is it still a twin tail pipe or a huge penis enhancing dusbin (no offence ment) but some look stupid Mrs Scrog wants a bit more noise but nothing to boy (girl) racer :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts