Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the following email:

Congratulations!
You have been successful in your application for two complimentary tickets to the final round of the BTCC on the 21st
September courtesy of Honda (UK).

Honda has pulled together a whole host of Type R's from across the years, with some very special vehicles being on show, including an exclusive preview of a new Honda model.

On the day there will be an exclusive Type R car park that will be to the right hand side of the main entrance and will be clearly sign-posted. There will also be an exclusive Type R Driver's Club where you can have a drink and spend the day in the company of other fellow Type R owners.

There will also be a special Honda Question of Motorsport quiz hosted by BBC Radio 5 Live's motorsport correspondent David
Croft and captained by Team Halford's drivers Gordon Shedden and Tom Chilton.

All we ask now is that you supply us with your name, address and Type R details (registration number and type) to send your joining instructions, tickets, exclusive Type R lanyards and car park pass.

We look forward to seeing you on the day for what we are sure will be a great day’s entertainment
yay :)

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info

Honda UK and Team Dynamics want to get loads of type R owners to Brands and have put on the following for the finals at Brands Hatch. Tickets are limited and will be drawn out of a hat, you apply for your pair of tickets and entry to the drivers club by email, but read below what we are putting on for a fantastic day out,

I manage the communications and marketing for Team Dynamics Racing who as you know run the two fantastic Hondas in the BTCC and have won the outright championship with Honda in 05 and 06, watch out 09!!
Just to give you our ideas for the Honda Type R celebration at the grand finals of the BTCC at Brands Hatch. I have filled in between the bullet points below in red!!

Honda Europe Type R owners event - BTCC 21st September

Invitation to all Type R Drivers
Honda and Team Dynamics are hosting an event to celebrate the incredibly passionate and loyal fans of Type R
Date: Sunday, 21 September - last round of this year's British Touring Car Championship
Venue: Brands Hatch Circuit, Kent

It would be great if you can try and get to the Honda Type R Car Park which will be based adjacent to the main entrance and Honda branded and hosted by Honda staff on your arrival, make sure your Type R is gleaming as I have a photographer on site to take lots of snaps of a field of Honda's!!!

All Type R owners welcome: any model or variant

Yep absolutely, as long as it’s a Type R. Our hostesses will be quite fussy!!
125 pairs of special Type R passes to be won, it's no plainer than that, In your pack will be two circuit entry tickets and you will also receive two exclusive security passes and lanyards so that you can gain entry into the Type R Drivers Club Marquee which we are building on the main Paddock Straight at Brands!!

which include:
Tickets to race day,
Grandstand seating,
We have reserved seating for all 250 Honda UK guests,

you wont miss it as it overlooks the circuit and will be Hondarised!!
Exclusive Type R Drivers' Club entry,

your two security passes per Type R car owner will gain you entry into our space age marquee where there will be light refreshments available, we even have my mate Clifty from KISS radio playing some cool tunes during the day.
Preview model viewing,

ssshhhh I am not supposed to talk about this!!No cameras will be allowed!!

Type R display,

A host of cool Type R's including bikes to oogle at!!
Also!! Three BTCC races to watch, a stack of support races, some fun stuff during the day with drivers and riders!! I will even get our racers Tom and Gordon up to the Drivers Club to meet you all!! We have invited Leon Haslam and his team mate as well, hope they can come?

I am also going to draw four individual car owning winners out of a hat who will be bringing one guest each, so a total of eight people to join me in our team motorhome which is exclusive to our drivers, sponsors and the media based in the main BTCC Paddock, you'll join us for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, I will even take the Golden ticket winner out onto the grid prior the start of a race, show them our race cars in the pits!! A money cant buy experience.

How to enter: First come, first served basis and to be drawn out of a hat - email asap:
[email protected] with the subject line:

Type R Owners.co.uk - Team Dynamics/Honda Ticket Prize Draw.

You will be notified on Monday 8 September whether you have been successful Golden Ticket Draw: From the total of 125 pairs of guests, four pairs will be drawn from a hat to win VIP tickets, which allow:
Full Team Dynamics motorhome hospitality (breakfast, lunch and refreshments), meet the Type R Touring Car drivers (Gordon Shedden and Tom Chilton), pre-race grid walk and pit access.

Some of you have already applied, which is great, we really want to make this a real type R race day!!

For anyone that does not get in, I have also arranged a discounted ticket offer that can be taken up, but, we wont be able to accomodate any more in the marquee, I am afraid so it would be entry only to the event.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the proud owner of a 2008 pearl white/black CBR1000RR Fireblade, I am pleased to have won a pair of tickets to the Type R celebrations at Brands....... My partner will be accompanying me on her CBR 600RR...
I will be wearing a black "Old & New" Honda Fireblade shirt. Please say hello! Very nice of Honda UK to include us hard-riding bikers.

Ed Guy :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pics from my Panasonic camera, Si's will follow shortly from his DSLR.

EDIT: Where the forum has resized them, they seem to have gone a bit fuzzy :'(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts