Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got all the VTi brake parts sat in my garage atm to pile onto my EG3, but the retaining screws holding the disc on the hub are stuck fast and won't move at all.

Now I don't think I actually need these screws to hold the disc on the hub as a couple of wheel nuts / the wheel will hold it on fine so can I just drill the heads off and pull the disc off or should I at least attempt to get the screws out in one piece?

My only other option at this stage is to try a hand impact driver which I can't imagine will help much if I'm being honest, so if I can't just drill the heads out is there anything else I could try?

·
Registered
188 Posts
zeppelin101 said:
I've got all the VTi brake parts sat in my garage atm to pile onto my EG3, but the retaining screws holding the disc on the hub are stuck fast and won't move at all.

Now I don't think I actually need these screws to hold the disc on the hub as a couple of wheel nuts / the wheel will hold it on fine so can I just drill the heads off and pull the disc off or should I at least attempt to get the screws out in one piece?

My only other option at this stage is to try a hand impact driver which I can't imagine will help much if I'm being honest, so if I can't just drill the heads out is there anything else I could try?
ive tried a hanf impact driver thingy and managed to get mine lose, so it might be worth a try mate?

Nuno

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'll pick one up and give it a go and hopefully they'll pop out but we'll see.

If not I'll just drill the damn things lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts