Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new to the Honda Civic Forum but need your guidance.
I bought a Brand New Civic 58 reg back in September 08. 7000 miles later my brakes are squeeking and makes a grinding noise when I hit the brakes.
Surely this cant be brakes ready for replacement. I travel to work 30 miles a day with minimum braking taking place.

Is this normal or am I one of the "lucky ones" which bought a brand new duffer which is about to give me problems????

Cheers,
Heinri

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yor brakes might just need cleaning, i cant imagine them going after 7000 miles. Take the car back to the dealer, your covered under warranty if anything is seriously wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine does that as well. Its done 9000 miles, garage says nothing they can do. Had a look myself too, plenty of pads left and discs fine so just turn the radio up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
scotstu20000 said:
Mine does that as well. Its done 9000 miles, garage says nothing they can do. Had a look myself too, plenty of pads left and discs fine so just turn the radio up.
The Garage is just playing hard to get, you need to jump up and down at the counter.
Ask them to apply some fresh copper grease, you can sometimes get shim kits to stop squealing also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, Made a appointment for Friday. They told me outright honda break pads can sometimes only last 5000 miles. Think they trying it on! Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Henners UK said:
Thanks guys, Made a appointment for Friday. They told me outright honda break pads can sometimes only last 5000 miles. Think they trying it on! Will keep you posted.
What a load of crap , sounds to me you have them all worked out
they sound like a bunch of bloody idiots if they think your going to fall for that load of tripe
be firm and take no prisoners . :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Henners UK said:
Dont give them any money!
Brake pads last more than 5000 mile, If they play the trick that pads are not covered under warranty, well then there is a problem with the braking system.
If they still dont sort you out, Phone Honda uk and state your case, believe me it works.
Dealers will make it as hard as possible to let anyone go out without a bill, I'm glad i now work for a independant garage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Henners UK said:
DON T LISTEN TO THEM...i had the similar story and i was told that these high tech brakes wont last as long as the old school ones...LIES. do not beleive them keep going back until they fix it!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
107 Posts
hiya they do try it on big time but usually if we get customers with dodgy brakes after that amount of mileage there still covered under warranty , weve replaced loads of discs under warranty so shudnt be a problem depends wat honda garage it is tho lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts