Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
gonna throw this forward see if any one knows of any possible reasons why this is happening and a way to fix it avoiding honda themselves.

my mum has an 02 civic EX which she has never really had a problem with minus the odd little job, although recently the brake lights have been going a little crazy.
firstly when the lights are turned on the rear lights come on although the left side brake light is in the braking position (even when the brake pedal isnt compressed) the bulb on this side was changed not so long ago and worked fine when i put it in.

the light then went back to normal and worked when the pedal was pressed, but then the next day the same thing happend again but to the other side brake light.

im not sure what is happening with it at first i thought it might be a dodgy switch that was sticking.

anybody got any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

thanks
mike lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my mum bought the bulb . she got it from halfords and she said he didnt know his A#@* from his elbow so ill deffinatly check it when i go to my mums this week. i shall keep this thread up to date on what happens

thanks for your help :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
theres a bad earth with the connector on the headlight. has nothing to do with the bulb. you need to clean the contacts with wd40 n make sure theres no rust on them

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
As the headlights have naf all to do with stop lights how can you discard the bulb issue point blank, and come up with a headlight earth,
when the stop light circuit is completly seperate ,
i say its a bulb because i see so many people fitting the wrong bulb or putting stop and tail bulbs the wrong way round and shorting the sidelight live to the stop lamp you even get faulty bulbs ,
which in reverse will also back feed the side lights when you put your foot on the brake in some cases .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it was deffinatly a bulb problem although im not sure what. one of the filliments had gone in the new bulb i fitted so i bought 2 new ones and replaced them both on either side, the lights work fine now as before..
thanks for all your feedback though its much appriciated. :) lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts