Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I replaced discs and pads a few months ago. Absolutely perfect to begin with. After 1000 miles or so there was a slight judder when braking. This steadily got worse. I assumed the discs had warped. Bought another pair. Same thing happened. Just bought some black diamond drilled discs and EBC green pads, thinking that the previous ones were from a local motor factor and were just cheap. Unfortunately the same thing is starting to happen again. I am not a heavy braker, and am at a loss to explain the problems I am having. Anyone else gone through this or have any suggestions?
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
381 Posts
this may sound daft but does your car have ABS? if so are all the sensors working fine? is the pedal juddering or is the steering wheel juddering?

the reason i ask is my old Rover 220 coupe turbo brake pedal felt juddery under braking and was finally diagnosed as a faulty ABS sensor thinking one wheel was locked up and putting all the braking power to the other three wheels causing it to judder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all
Thnaks for the replies. No the car doesn't have abs and the calipers are OK. I have taken the discs off again today and cleaned the hub face. It seems slightly better but will have to wait until I have been on a longer run to make sure. I was reading this article for reference.
http://www.powerbrake.co.za/downloads/t ... judder.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
More noticeable at higher speeds. It does drift to the left slightly, but could just be the camber of the road.
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi
The car has never been crashed. It does seem slightly better now I have cleaned the face of the hub.
Cheers
Ian

Edit:

Finally got it sorted. It was a sticking caliper. Bought a pair of rebuilt calipers from a local motor factor. Fitted and bled, job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts