Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Bosch Super 4 plugs? I'm thinking of putting NGK Iridium plugs. Can anyone recommend which spark plug is better. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
whats wrong with normal bosch plugs? why would the spark need the option for 4 different grounding points?
and surely there is less space for the fuel/air mixture to get around the plug, reducing its effectiveness (i know in the cylinder its a chain reaction and just needs tiny amounts of spark-but dont you want a bigger bang?

if you arent getting the iridium plugs you probably are best with normal bosch ones.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
They used for longer service life and always getting the optimum spark,The Bosch Super 4 operates on the state-of-the-art air-cushion-spark principle and is the first spark plug to feature four thin ground electrodes with one pointed, silver-plated center electrode.
so the spark is always at the tip more like a surface discharge plugs , if you think about a standard plug the spark is hidden behind the electrode to a point.
but in all honesty any good quality plug is ok i have never fitted plugs of different types and noticed any performance or mpg differences in the real world .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts