Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Common Introduction Questions:
Will put pics of my car on soon, needs a wash first.
Loads and loads of mods.
Really want to put a bigger engine in the car now the exterior has been completed, just don't have a clue where to go from here with this idea. Thats why I've joined this forum for some ideas.
Scottish borders
Searched in google

To upload photos click the "Upload attachment" tab below.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the site, Lovely look EG you got there. What size/spec is it?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1.5 LSi, really want to put a bigger engine in over the winter but not sure which one would be best or easiest for me to do.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Aright cool. a couple of my mates up here hav the 1.5 lsi. Well it all depends on what your wanting, a powerfull engine as is or if you want a tunable engine?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really something thats an easy swap with decent power. Got about £2000 saved up for it so far but not going to get it done till after xmas, so will have another £1000 by then at least.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Well then in that case your looking at B16 or a B18, any bigger and your gonna have to re-organise the engine bay.

Why don't you go down the road of turboing?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a lot of miles on the egine thats in my car, was alwasy my plan to replace it. B16 & B18, thanks for the advice, this will give me something to read up on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Well hope this helps ya oot loon

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
£3k! thats quite a lot of money to budget for a B16 you can pick them up for under 500 quid easily.

Wish I had 3k to spend on my engine :( I have built my whole car for under 1500 quid!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I don't need to spend £3000 I wouldn't, I've never had to do an engine transplant before and think the B18C4 looks like the perfect replacement for me. Don't want anything stupid, I have a motorbike for that.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just want to do it right for a change and not on the cheap. Fed up messing about these days and would rather pay someone to do it properly rather than feck it up myself. Anyone know a good garage that can be trusted to do this kind of work?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I could recommend a garage in Aberdeen but don't think you'd want to travel that far :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts