Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
duno if this has happened to anyone before but when i put my lights on (you know the back two RED lights that indicate to ppl behind you that you have your lights on) that fuse will blow and my rear lights will not work and my plate number light wont either..brake lights and reverse light stay working...help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
208 Posts
this is only an idea
it may work it may not
clean up the earth and check for dodgy wires in the boot any rusty wires or earth points can cause this
or the problem is deeper
sorry i aint really a help
i regularly blow my brake lights but not the tail light element ort the fuse
(use them a lot )

is your car running a amp and/or sub?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
The wires could be overloaded, swead is right are you running anything that requires alot of power in the back?

About the number plate lights, I disconnected mine on purpose ;)

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hi the wires for an amp or anything should not be connected or earthed through the back lights ,
if they are who ever did it need a butt kicking ,
fuses generally blow if theres nothing there but factory wiring due to a short in the wiring the switch or bulbs .
start with the bulbs as there easiest to change and the cheapest option , bulbs have been known to short down inside and create allsorts of problems.
then check wiring etc .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've checked but all seems fine... I've noticed when I don't have my head unit face connected, the rear lights are fine... when the head unit is connected the fuse for the lights will blow o_O I think the wires behind the head unit that are bare, touch metal or each other and then blow the fuse/

Admin Edit: Txt speak removed.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
on my car the stop lights and horn are on the same fuse. i upgraded my horn to one that requires more power. using the original 15amp fuse i blow the fuse when holding the horn down (for wankers etc). i've changed the fuse to one of a higher rating (20amp) and had no problems. need to test it properly with the brakes on and use the horn!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hussain said:
I've checked but all seems fine... I've noticed when I don't have my head unit face connected, the rear lights are fine... when the head unit is connected the fuse for the lights will blow o_O I think the wires behind the head unit that are bare, touch metal or each other and then blow the fuse/

Admin Edit: Txt speak removed.
a lot of stereos have side light lives to dim the display it sounds like some donkey has fitted the stereo wrong and wired it up like carpenter would :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm explain more please paul20v..i get your thoery but my headunit is a flip out alpine dvd and it doesnt dim

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i will properly check it out on monday as the weather is too sh1t to bother doing anything at the moment

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i used to have my brake lights on a switch so they wouldnt come on and when people were racing you they couldnt judge your corner speed by your brake lights , obviously if they got to close if the had a faster car you had to switch them back on otherwise you might be wearing there front grill as a boot badge :)
but i didnt have to switch them back on very often specialy on a twisty section 8-|

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Does sound like a bit of fun acturally!!

I did my sessions on coombe with only the strip in my spoiler working as the 2 bulbs in the brake lights had blown. People must have thought i was a nutter!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
speaking of brake lights..i once seen an audi a4 with the four rings as his brake light!!! i was gobsmacked. my mate was like oh his brake light is broken and im like U D1CK ITS THE FOUR RINGS!!! hes like oh yeh haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts