Honda Civic Forums banner

dont care about bodykit opinions, but is it a good idea to b18 swap n not sell?? i love this car!!

• Yes do the swap and keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it may be slightly important to some of you, and the rest of you probably wont give a ****! haha!

Last night I sat down with my dad and told him i wanna change the car cos its done 150k miles and it worries me with driving back and forth to UNI next year..

Basically the conversation lasted about 20 mins and the conclusion was that im going to keep the car, and change the engine.
So im on the look out for a b18 out of an aerodeck or an integra. (if you see any going cheaply, let me know, i'll even buy the whole cars if they have the right engine)

But it doesnt stop there.. This has got me back enthusiastic about the car, as id previously lost all enthusiasm.

Basically the small amount of rust on the rear arches and the bit thats coming through the sills is going to get cut out and filled (Get your tool belt on paul20v) haha! Then this gap is gonna get covered with some side skirts..

And my idea of a full blown bodykit etc is back on the cards!!!!
(Student loan coming sept 08) :D

GOOD IDEA???

·
Registered
370 Posts
keep it a sleeper. im not too sure how diferent but its prob cheaper to get an aerodeck b18 and upgrade it to integra power?? i know what you mean about losing enthuiasm, once youve got money you ll be fine :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quite interested in sleeper, but ive always wanted to do a show car.. so when ive done a swap its kit, spray job, coilys, spoiler and fibreglass boot build... Not in that order though :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
up to you on the kit etc, personally i think a subtle look is better, its a lot more popular at shows nowadays than a big flash car with massive shiny wheels and 2 tonne of fibreglass on it lol but definitely keep the car and do the engine conversion!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, id keep it sublte if i could find the backyard special lips ANYWHERE on the internet lol but i cant..

·
Registered
780 Posts
swap swap sawp!! you knew i was gunna say tht!!

bodykits are a faze every bloke has to go tho lol, i've done mine, there a really good idea and then you get the next car and think its not a very good idea. you will find that the better engine will discorage the bodykit idea tho. go for it!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i need you to do the swap though mate and i wont be able to afford it before you move away :(

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Buy a DC2. If you can`t afford the insurance, don`t do the swap. 96 DC2s can be had for 5 grand. If you can`t afford that, get a loan!

Seriously thought mate, doing the engine is one job, but you`ll still have inferior handling, brakes etc to the car the B18 was attached to (no offence)

Unless of course you mean the 1.8VTi engine. In which case, the actual car can be hand for circa 2 grand

·
Registered
780 Posts
thts y u get the written off car to get it all off, its cheaper, i did my entire car for a grand including both cars tax mot and all extras like oils lightbulbs etc

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh im looking to get an aerodeck like you did hugh, then i can get the brakes and stuff..

Is the brake swap pretty straight forward onto the EG does anyone know?
Going to get the same coilys as edd has, and cover the thing in struts so handling should be ok right?
Also, In the future going to do a rear disc conversion.. But that may be able to be done off the aerodeck aswell??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Only thing is your car is going to be off the road for sometime while you do it all.

You will be fine on the Jamex coilys and in regard to brakes i would do an entire brake swap if your going to have a B18 in there you will want rear disks as well in guessing its no good being able to go if you cant stop ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ah yeh for sure. Will the ones off the aerodeck be a straight swap or is it a load of work to swap the brakes over?

Well, im hoping that I can use my current engine till september, then when i go to uni.. if your kind enough (EDD) let me leave it on your farm as your nearish to caerleon. And possibly do the swap there?
Dont mind paying you to help out etc.. also hugh is back in september so he will be available then for the swap :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the pole is just to get other opinions, if everyone thought it was a bad idea, then id have been swayed and sold up.. but i really do want to keep the car, you especially know how much i love it!! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts