Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the car a fairly thorough once over today and clay-barred it for the first time. Top stuff that clay bar stuff.

Also fitted a cold-air feed I had lying in the garage, not sure if it'll make a difference, but it's a wee bit o' bling.

Doing the inside tonight, bloody knackered lol

All this and then the hail started FFS!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Bit of a wash

Nice mate the car is looking clean :cool:

The V2 will sound good but your gonna get heatsoak with that treat yourself to the gruppe m to go with the buddyclub :twisted:

·
Registered
116 Posts

EGSean said:
heatsoak? :?:

paintwork looks awesome, good job!!
Yup its sitting rite in the engine bay and will be sucking in the hot air which wont help the power, its been proven the v2 dont work so good in the ep3

·
Registered
224 Posts

yeah i have a custom airfeed going to mine from the front to help reduce the soak! :| and they do help mate its reduced mine a hell of alot!bloody thing! the pictures look awsome mate i need to get mine cleaned :roll:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I think the heatsoak thing is a blown out of proportion tbh, I've noticed it once when the car had been sitting still for about 15 minutes. The amount of air that passes through an engine bay would negate most heatsoak once you're moving imho

Doesn't mean I'm not saving for a GM though, but I picked up my 1000 mile old V2 for £140 and even second hand GM's are going for north of £300 still

·
Registered
51 Posts

That engine bay is clean as a whistle lol beautiful!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Cheers for all the comments guys, it's just a pity they don't stay that clean for long lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[youtube:1m83vcj6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU6EXID4C4U[/youtube:1m83vcj6]

Be gentle, it was my first time

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
why dont i hear tyre squeal? you arent pushing yourself enough! it is a track after all! brillant noise the car is making though! oh yes! also when changing down blip the throttle so u dont have to drag the clutch. (i use my heel on the throttle when braking hard) also when going round the track you either want brakes on or accelerator! bet you had fun! i need a vtec run on a track, only been on tracks with fiestas!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts