Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
hmm interesting, cant say iv never heard of this done before but i assume it would involve alot of

have heard of bike engines going into smart cars tho :p

good luck with it though

·
Registered
149 Posts
Josh he's on about the intake/fuelling side not the whole engine.

Jaysey : They are a bitch to map, judging from others experiences. Lots involved, either custom made manifold or £££VictorX/Toda/Jenvey and most likely rare. I wouldn't say it is worth the hassle and time and money for what might lose you power (maybe top end gain but mid range slump - depending on spec/mapping).Oh a Honda got it pretty much right as standard 100bhp per litre. Yes B16's can be fettled but if you want an UP in power then B18/B20 swap would be less of a hassle than ITB's in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah as DM-Racing said, TBs can sometimes be a right PITA to map. I am still mad to do an ITB conversion on something though. The noise is just :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Edd, bike carbs FTW....
Easier, cheaper and just as cool, only as long as it the car in question starts on carbs if it has fuel injection then there's no point :)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
DM-Racing said:
Josh he's on about the intake/fuelling side not the whole engine.
yea i know lol, sorry iv just never come across anybody using a bike throttle body before

·
Registered
3 Posts
My mates runnin an ek4 vti on a custom bike throttle body setup and its awesome! I drive a 94 eg6 vti and thought mine was fairly rapid till I drove his! The noise when in tec and the increase in torque right across the rev range could really be felt, it now sits with evos/imprezas without to much trouble! The full conversion including a custom made intake manifold, the bodies and mapping cost him around 1500 quid all in! In my opinion well worth it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts