Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am thinking about putting a bigger engine in my lsi, according to my mate I have 2 options, turbo the one thats in it now or stick a vtec in, what are peoples opinions on these and ow do i go about sorting a possible answer out cheers viki

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why i need to look into it, need to look at all the options before i even decide to do anything

Edit:

whats wrong with mimi lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well if you don't want to cripple the insurance too much then go for a D16 from the 1.6 ESi model, pretty quick bu not massive cause they're still only a SOHC. However if the insurance isn't an issue, then why not go for a B series engine, like a B16 out of the 1.6 VTi or a B18 from the 1.8 DC2 Integra, give you good power for the money and they're easy to tune aswell. I believe its not a massive problem to have them fitted either.

If moneys no object you could go for crazy power with a K20 2.0l Civic Typ-R engine!! Or a H22 which is the 2.2 out of a prelude in but it depends what you want more off torque/revviess top end speed lol we could do this all day haha what do you actually want from it??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for the top end to be quicker, at the mo its pretty nippy off the mark so thats no the issue, insurance wise, thats not too much of a problem can deal with that jus begining to be a little bored, any idea on how much work is involved, obviously I would need to change the loom, what bout the gearbox? Also do u have any idea on the price range I need to be looking att
cheers :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Cost effective one would probably be the B16 engine depending on which one you go for...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine#B16...click that and you'll get the specs on the different B16 engines, you could be looking at various powers and various prices for the job.

You'll probably need to get,
- engine
- gearbox
- loom(s)
- mounts
- ECU
- (maybe) driveshafts
- (maybe) gear linkages

Theres probably something else aswell but I cant think lol its too late. If you get the engine you'll more often than not get most of that with it, as far as prices of the engine go it depends where you get it. If you go to a scrap yard or source one from someone whos breaking an engine then you could maybe get it for as little as 200/300 quid but you could pay up 3/4k for the set-up you just gotta have a look around. I'm not sure about how much it would cost ya to have the job done (labour-wise), but if you've got someone to do it for ya then that shouldn't be a problem :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for a man who tells me he loves me ur being awfully harsh young nicky, if u want me to drive 9hrs jus to kick ur ass I will!!!!!!!!!

Back to the car, I can get 115 outta it to scared to try and push her anymore at the mo lol, I dunno, jus bored with it now, its quick on pull off but I jus want it faster, I have been looking into it and I am still not sure, might jus be cheaper to buy a faster civic lol

thanks for ur help guys :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nick ur in for it now!!!!!!!!!!

See thats what I want, I wanna do it myself (sorta),

Nicky stop being a spoil sport

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bbooooooo!!!

Oh I dont know what to do, its gonna be a good time to think bout it me thinks :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts