Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps ive got a civic esi but it has d16z6 standard brakes all round ive got a b16a lump now witch has been fitted but i need bigger brakes.what brakes would you guys recommend to fit.i brought eg6 standard disc and black diamond pads but like a prat they dont fit.i have also 16's inch alloys as well.hope u can help thanks jase

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah you'll nee the EG6 hubs to upgrade the front brakes.

Either look for someone who's breaking an EG6 and get a price for both front hubs and brake assemblies, or look at aftermarket stuff.

I've heard good things about the wilwood kits for EGs, could look at those? Not sure what they retail for over here, but those are 4 pot calipers and you will stop hard.

Can easily get a 282mm disc under a 16", will fit under most 15" wheels. You can do a home made big disc conversion from the EG6 hubs but I can't remember which parts you have to use, I'll go have a look see and post back when I've found it

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you want to do it on the cheap you can use VTI hubs, 282mm disks and Prelude calipers. Only thing is getting 15's over Prelude calipers can be a pain (as I am currently finding out!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
swapping them for either integra type r or civic MB6 wheel hubs and calipers 282mm front and 262mm back, got them on my civic, with 15" alloys

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got Integra Type R DC2 Alloys 4x114.3 but if you decide on using the MB6 Hub's, Calipers etc you'll need at least 5mm wheel spacers on the front as the calipers are bigger than integra type r dc2 one's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you will need vti hubs with 262mm brakes to do a swap. integra calipers and brake disc of a MG ZR 160 or the MS ZS 180 which are 282mm

this is the set up im goin for on my esi as im putting a b16 in mine

if your esi has abs and was built after 1994 you will already have the 262mm brakes as they changed them to the same as the vti

Edit:

oh and also change the brake master cilinder to a vti or integra one

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you want big brakes go get mg zr 160 they are the same fit them you will need the hub and caliper they are the same as the vti 5door brakes but with 100x4 raver than the 114.3x4 (vti) fitment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts