Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on the rollers about a month ago, and it made 187bhp. Had mixed opinions about the results, but the civic does feel alot quicker than my old MB6 1.8VTi so I'm not arguing with it :D

Also acquired a Spoon front strut with Spoon decals (front & back struts), painted the calipers white (soon to be gold when I get time) and sprayed the mesh on the front grill gold. Had mixed opinions about that as well, saying it looks like a Scooby, biggest insult ever :D

And a vid from the rolling road, don't mind the grinding noise it was the splash guard catching, praise the lowered haha

Engine: Dyno'd @ 178bhp/124lbft torque @ TEG '09

GReddy Exhaust Manifold
Cold Air Intake
Decat Pipe
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold
Spoon N1 Exhaust System
AEM Fuel Rail
HAMP Oil Filter
HAMP Fuel Filter
Spoon Oil Cap
Spoon Radiator Cap
Spoon Radiator Stay
Spoon Reservoir Covers
NGK Leads
NGK Plugs
Gold Rocker Cover

Transmission:

Exedy Clutch
Skunk2 Racig Duel Bend Short Shifter

Suspension:

Jamex Adjustable Coilovers
Energy Suspensions Full Polybush Kit
Buddy Club Front Camber Arms
D2 Rear Camber Arms
Tokyo-Express Rear Lower Control Arms
Spoon Front Strut Brace
Spoon Rear Strut Brace

Brakes:

Front discs drilled and grooved
EBC Greenstuff Front Pads
EBC Greenstuff Rear Pads
White Calipers

Interior:

EK9 Red Recaro Driver's Seat
EK9 Recaro Rail
EK9 Speedo Cowel Cover
Sparco Shoulder Pads
Richbrook Tax Disc Holder
Custom Black Mats
Skunk2 Racing Gear Knob
DC2 Leather Gear Gaitor

Exterior:

NRG Innovations OEM Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Mugen Carbon Fibre Front Lip
Clear Side Repeaters
Facelift Rear Lights
Show Plate Bracket
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Meshed Front Grill Sprayed Gold
Rear 'Honda' & 'Civic' Badges Removed
Rear Lip Removed

Wheels & Tyres:

16" Rota Grid's In Bronze
Yokohama S-Drive Tyres (195/45/16)
Rays Anodised Wheel Nuts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: BGB's EK4 VTi

I wish! Its a B16A2. Would love a B18 it just depends on the cost of getting one and time to get it sorted as its my daily driver.

Edit:

Didn't get a torque reading :eek: Was a bit stumped by it, I went with MCR-VTEC and think a lot of others were baffled and disappointed there wasn't a torque reading.

·
Registered
679 Posts

dont they give you a torque curve with the bhp on the same graph? anyway car looks good mate uve done well

·
Registered
82 Posts

Hi, nice car there. Just curious what ECU are you using, or did you get that power using the standard ecu??? impressive stuff.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Not sure about the ECU its something I need to get checked out. I'm going back on the rollers in a couple of weeks so will finally get a proper reading for bhp + torque. 187bhp does seem high so I'd be happy with anything in the 170's.

I've bought some facelift rear lights and got some 16" Rota Grids in bronze en route ;)

Edit:

A few updates, fited some better NGK plugs + NGK ignition leads

Fitted the Skunk2 duel bend short shifter + gear knob

16" Rota Grid's in bronze :cool:

and an NRG Innovations OEM carbon fibre bonnet :cool:

Edit:

A few new pics :cool:

Edit:

new pics above peeps, still trying to put in a reply but it ends up editing the last post :neutral:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Couple new pics :cool:

Hopefully poly bushes will be fitted within next couple of weeks :mrgreen:

Cheers

Tone

·
Registered
12,742 Posts

Looking great mate, I'm with Carl it looks mag worthy in the last couple of pics.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Cheers guys. Got a couple more things to get for it then gonna try for a mag feature, should have near 60 mods on it altogether so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I'm gonna concentrate on handling as its got enough grunt for me as its my daily driver. Got front + rear camber arms, rear lower control arms and poly bushes all round so after that I wanna take it on the track and see how it does :mrgreen:

Did a novice timed run in the wet and did 0-60 in about 7 seconds so its not too bad, but wheels were spinning a fair bit lol

·
Registered
35 Posts

sweet EK4 mate, really nicely done example, love the bronze rims...just put my EK4 on some bronze boosts...love it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Cheers mate. I was thinking of the boost's in white but I saw the grid's in bronze and I just had to have them lol

First tried to get them from a place called Rimstyle, waited 9 weeks and still didn't have them in stock, tried Mad Motors and they arrived 2 days later lol

I'm gonna be getting the poly bushes fitted in next couple of weeks fingers crossed and will be buying a red recaro seat originally out of a DC2 off my mate who had it in his absolutely stunning & rapid del sol turbo. I do mean rapid cos its pushing near 400bhp, made me scream like a litle girl when it was only 260bhp lol Can only afford the one seat and EK9 rail at the mo :evil:

Tone

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Well got the EK booked in for fitting the poly bushes and rear lower control arms in two weeks time, then will go get full alignment, my mate put the EK on the ramp and one of the bushes in the driver's side wishbone is totally goosed, no wonder been having problems lol

1 - 20 of 83 Posts