Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, my first post!! Im currently selling my mx bike and along with savings i hope to have about 4g to spend. I no i want a hatchback, has to be VTI thats all i no. Since reading some posts on this forum i didnt relise how many diffrent types! Fort they were just 1.6 twin cam. What are the best ones, best interiors, extras ect! What can i expect for my money? Look forward to the replys.

Cheers Chris :cool:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Personally I would get a CRX SIR, you could get a mint one for £4k. But then I am biased lol.

The EKs are pretty nice, I used to have one of these but I do have a thing for the EG6s as well.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmm, 4 grand is gonna buy you a nice VTI, just make sure its DOHC as there are SOHC vti's although i'd say about 80% of VTI's are DOHC.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
go for an EK 1996-1998 then facelifted in 99-2000. you will be able to afford the facelift one which looks the best in my opinion. For 4grand you will also be able to sort out the interior to your taste (if i can find some interior pictures...) you may want to change the seats for something a bit better. As i didnt really want to modify especially i bought the jordan. its more expensive and had a full black and leather interior. I could've got a vti with same miles and re done the interior and sorted out the wheels and suspension for less than i paid for mine!

the engine that comes in the vti is a b16a2. its 1.6 with 160hp DOHC with VTEC. the engine is a stonker and if its kept well maintained will go 200k easily. if theres a better car with more miles, and with better service history, that will be the one to go for!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probly want as near as to the 2000 as possible! so thats good to no there was a face lift model. Are all the dohc engines the same then for that year end? There nt that common, theres bout 11 on auto trader atm national. Il probly have the money then have to wait ages for one to turn up!! Im pretty excited about getting one. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
all the EK VTI's (known as EK4) have the b16a2 engine in. Use pistonheads and also check all civic forums to find the right car to buy!

·
Registered
253 Posts
My cousin got his VTI from a Honda dealer. He went into Honda or called (cant remember which one), and asked Honda to locate one for him, he had to travel around 300 miles to get it but it was worth it, but that was a while back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts