Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, really want to learn more about tubros and engine build. so im planing on boosting my d14a4 and a mini me swap at the same time. i dont want stupid amounts of boost as its going to be a daily, probably going to run 8 psi area, being 15 years old, i understand i am going to need to rebuild the engine and after going over what i will need/need to do, this is what i have come across so far
engine rebuild:
new gaskets for sump, head and rocker cover, inlet and outlet mani
new piston rings
oil feed welded into sump
exhaust mani with turbo mount
turbo,
waste gate
bleed valve
intercooler
new head studs
coolant,
oil
belts
adjustable cam gear
and thats all i have, if anyone can think of more or knows where a guide to this sort of thing is it would be a massive help!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, from my first night really going into it, the garrett T3 .50 turbo seems to be the best, has the potential of 250+ hp but im only going for an easy 150hp. also, with this manifold, people say cast manifolds seem to have a shorter rev range of boost but have a very smooth delivery of boost instead of a longer range and it being gradual then jumping up at the last moment. if anyone has a cast manifold can you tell me you views, where i can pick up a good quality one? i am trying to stay away from ebay as much as possible, and i have found a mani with gaskets screws and bolts for £55. is that the area im lookin at for a cast manifold?

·
Registered
10 Posts
T3/4 will be far too laggy on a 1.4. Id go with a T25.
Adjustable cam gear is pointless with the small power you want.
No point running a bleed valve

You'll need to add an ecu to your list....P28 will be fine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Seriously about the cast manifold rev range comment you made its really all about the turbo more and your concerning yourself about things that will just complicate the situation. Look in to your turbos more,....a lot more, you will soon find out that if you want a turbo'd motor that can chuck out 150hp then your going to want a turbo to suit. If your going for a cheap turbo build then buy a cheap turbo manifold, simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts