Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope you can help,

My dad has a 04 plate 3 door civic and he has the problem of the windscreen mists up really badly all the time, esp at night! in the cold weather hes getting frost on the INSIDE!!! the cars only done 17k and has been owned from new. is there any common fault to check for? Im thinking it could be the drain for the air con? where abouts is this as Ill check it tomorrow when I get home from work.

if anyone else has any other ideas let me know as this is really annoying and its the only fault with the car!!!

cheers

karl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive not been round it yet looking for leaks,.... any common places to start? luckly theres no sun roof so thats one less problem ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
get the heating matrix checked out, i also read in another thread that its something to do with the aircon not working. there is a number of things that can go wrong, ensure that the water levels is staying the same and put the blowers on to sense if there is a fishy smell going on as if it is the heating matrix you have a leak somewere therefore meaning your smelling the anti-freeze which is not a good sign. your best off taking it to a small time garage not the dealer, small garages are good and less expensive :) good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
check the rubber around the windows. In winter it can become brittle, spray WD40 on to a rag and wipe over the rubber. This will make the rubber more ductile helping the doors seal. He could also try parking it in a more sheltered area away from the elements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not leaking water so thats fine, and the AC works ok, I think it may partly be to do with the shape of the window as daft as it sounds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
same problem, gone thru countless tissues to dry absorb all the water but it eventually jus comes bak!
air con is fine
windows are fine
door seals seem fine
it happens mostly on the windsceen and back 3, i know it cant be avoided because its in the air but its worse then other cars parked next to me. ill see what honda got to say on sat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check for leaves near the windscreen, might be causing a blockage. Don't spray WD on the rubbers, apparantly it makes it perish. Check the seals/rubbers though, and replace if necessary. Leave some tissue paper under the footwell to see if there are any leaks. Strange one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
probably no consolation but mine does this too – very annoying scraping ice off the inside when it's been particularly frosty.
It does clear quite quickly though with the heater on. Mines a 54 plate 5-door

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1.6 02 reg 3 door civic with no sunroof and my windows have been steaming up for a while and i found about 5/6 inches of water/ice where the spare tyre is kept, still trying to find where that could have come from, I cleared it all out and since the snow i have noticed a little more seems to have come back... :( Anyone know where to check and what to do etc...?
Thanks x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts