Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ej9 civic and was planning on debadging it today, was just wondering if the badges were all stickyed(sp) on or if im going to find holes? ta

Gav.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
civic and honda badge is held on with the sticky foam stuff, the honda "h" badge in the middle will have two pins in behind it, when its removed you will have two holes with rubber grommets in them

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool cheers mate got all badges off gonna replace H badge with red ones, got most sticky stuff off with some hot water and elbow grease but the owner before me put some dodgy "coupe" badges on the wings and on one side the stuff he used is rock solid, one side was fine, havent a clue how im gonna get it off, tinyest bit of paint chipped off cause it was so hard.. any ideas

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
firstly go slap the previous owner for using what he did to hold it on, you can get double sided sticky tape that is about 1mm thick, unless u go at it with a screwdriver its not coming off, so i dont know why you get sum people who feel they need to use silicones etc to hold a badge on :evil:
i cant really think of anything strong enough to break it down enough without damaging your paint too!! just keep pouring hot water over it i guess!!
btw where did you get your red honda badges from?? i just got ones off ebay but dont know if i really like them so might just buy some proper jdm ones

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
josh897 said:
i dont know why you get sum people who feel they need to use silicones etc to hold a badge on :evil:
All the trim on my CRX is held on using tiger seal, that stuff aint going no where :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
oh dear!! well i suppose you still have the option of an angle grinder when you want them off lol lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts