Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gutter was hoping you wouldnt say those last 2 words lol .cheers nicky
oh
the person that had the car before me took the illusion badges off and didnt clean the silicone of and it has went rock solid ive tried t cutting it and it didnt work

Edit:

some1 has told me that if i apply heat to it ie a hairdryer (not that i own 1) lol . but want to check that 1 out first dont wanna look like a fanny standing in the middle of the street with a hair dryer to my car , dont think that would go down too well lol . cheers alec

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yeah maybe a heat gun/ hair dryer would work. Be careful with the paint though.

Soak it in warm water. How to soak it when it's a vertical surface you'll have to figure out yourself :p

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh this should be fun :cry: . lol . cheers mate

Edit:

nickyboy said:
If you mean the badge is still on the car, then use a plastic wedge such as a Clubcard. Or even better, a Hardcore Hits music CD. Except it`s not music :twisted:
the badges are still on jst now and cheers cause im a fud lol i was gona use a wee screwdriver then jst tcut the small scratches out lol lol lol lol thats what i done with the birds car and that worked

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used my mums hair dryer and some nautical whipping twine, which is basically very strong wax coated string used to finish off ropes on boats and stop them fraying, you can get it at marinas. I don't mind saying I did a bloody fantastic job with it, didn't scratch it at all but had to T-cut it cos it was just barely visible in certain lights. You can use a good firm sawing action with whipping twine cos the waxy string should help protect your paintwork, so you don't have to get it too hot with the hair dryer but a little heat makes it easier.
I thought that up all by myself, aren't I clever? lol

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
ItsNotAFreakinRover said:
I used my mums hair dryer and some nautical whipping twine, which is basically very strong wax coated string used to finish off ropes on boats and stop them fraying, you can get it at marinas. I don't mind saying I did a bloody fantastic job with it, didn't scratch it at all but had to T-cut it cos it was just barely visible in certain lights. You can use a good firm sawing action with whipping twine cos the waxy sting should help protect your paintwork, so you don't have to get it too hot with the hair dryer but a little heat makes it easier.
I thought that up all by myself, aren't I clever? lol
Clever and modest lol , only messing
thats a cracking idea i have always buggered about with credit cards or such like then t-cutting the surface but i will try some whipping twine next time

top idea :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts