Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

im starting out building my LSVTEC which is b20b and B18c. I want to run nitrous with my setup and im looking at forged pistons and rods. I want to no whether to get high compression pistons. WIll it be worth it. Will they be able to take the nitrous with high compression pistons. Also what size bore is best. is it still. "no replacement for displacement".

Hope you can help

Dan

·
Registered
770 Posts
your using a B18 head n the B20 block yes?

have you done a CR calculator to see what the compression will with OE forged internals?

so its a B20Z block and what B18 head?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a standard stroke and bore from a B20B bottom end using a standard B18 cylinder head i get 11.6:1 using standard gaskets etc.

11.6:1 seems like optimum to me to be on the safe side or you Guys think differently.

12.5:1 is about the maximum if you really no how to tune them. (i think lol)

·
Registered
770 Posts
see im working it out to be more like 9:1, what head are you using exactly?

what delivery system are you planning on running?

what fuel OCT?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im using a bore of 84mm stroke of 89mm a b18 head with a cc of 42.7 a stock gasket of 0.74mm a deck to piston height of 0.7mm and finally depending on wether im using itr pistons it varies between 11.6:1 and 11.7:1.

Depending on what the compression is depends on what fuel i would use. If i have higher compression ill use higher octane to prevent knock.

Edit:

with regard to what No2 system to use is another topic LOL.

·
Registered
770 Posts
well isnt a direct port fuel and nitrous system the only truely tunable option as its the only constitent one.

theres not much to choose between those CR's TBH, so just do the one thats easiest for you.

thats the sort of CR i would go for if i were to shoot my car, maybe even 12:1

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
The highest CR I can see with that set up is about 12.5:1 or so using P29 pistons, as long as your using forged / solid stock internals it don't much matter how high you go with CR for Nos :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well are those p29 forged. Are they from a first gen integra (88-89). Are they gonna take 250+HP. i was gonna buy aftermarket forged parts but if thoses p29 are just as good ill use them. i had thought the p29's were 75mm bore? Are those b20b bottom ends any good for the power. been researching and im getting cinfused between a lsvtec conversion and a b20vtec conversion

is an LSvtec a 1.8 non vtec botom end?
and a b20vtec a 2.0l vtec bottom end?

Edit:

sorry ignore me. the b20 is non vtec. but i have heard the b20 liners are weak. how weak are we talking thought. i want 300hp out of it. are those liners gonna take that kinda abuse from the spray and if not does anyone now what aftermarket liners are available. i really dont wanna use a block guard.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I have bought a lot of stuff from the states with some good savings, reputable sellers will usually have they own websites to checkout as well!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
i going with CP pstons and eagle rods on my build, and im shooting for 500bhp.

build the motor like you would for boost just keep the CR higher.

i know for D-series you can get a specialy designed cam to work with nitrious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
500hp. What you planning on ding to get that. Turbo :question:

Yeah i was looking for cams to compliment the nitrous. I have a friend who imports jap cars/parts and he was telling me to run the car with 5 injectors. 1 for each cylinder and one for the intake manifold ran of a switch. sounds a little silly to me. has anyone seen it done or is it a japanese thing :exclaim:

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
You run your normal four injectors, then use a fifth centrally in the manifold activated by WOT for your nitrous, some people run six for an extra shot of petrol just in case( Some run bigger injectors), but as long as you use a wet kit with some safetys you will be all right with five :D

Check these guys out:

http://www.noswizard.com/faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - 18 of 18 Posts