Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatto chums!
I have had a transplant of the above engine into my 1967 mini clubman estate. I have had a DTA ECU installed. but otherwise standard. The re mapping and rolling road produced 167 BHP on the hottest day (up to that point) in the workshop it was 47 deg C.
I am considering doing some engine mods but do not know what, I have done a little reserch but not sure what to do. (read the threads on turboing but what would i need to do the engine to make it viable and) how much should i budget for these mods. lastly and probably most importantly who do you recomend i am in NW London but will take the car anywhere if resonably priced and trustworthy peeps engine running well done about 70k bog standared apart from the air filter.

·
Registered
770 Posts
do you want to stay N/A or boost?

is the car used for anything in particular? (track, drag, rally, ect) or just pleasure?

can you have your DTA ECU re-tuned easily for mods?

and yea, pics would be nice :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having problems uploading try this
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos- ... 16_1235955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As to boost, i dont know yet. just like to know how much it would cost at the moment i think turbo would be ok. but would need some body mods as not enough room and would also need a space for the rad. the one i have runs plenty hot by itself its a standard civic one but will be upgraded to a custom job when i sort my life out
I use it just for fun. The odd track day i like to see other peoples faces as i burn them out with the antique. About a week after the new mini copper s came out some [email protected] pulled up to me a traffic lights in Kensington and kept on egging me on all the way to Sheppards Bush. I eventually let him have it and then stopped to see his face, that alone was worth the 10 plus k i have spent on the car

·
Registered
770 Posts
link didnt work dude.

so you have a b series subframe im guessing, with a flip up bonnet you should have enough clearance.

your main problem will be traction if you run to much more power through the little wheels, so for that reason i would sugest to leave the boost option.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
[youtube:q7trfjfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqrk8bfosno[/youtube:q7trfjfk]

??? you want more power???!!!

Admin Edit: [youtube] tag added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts