Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i have a 1994 civic dx hatchback, broke down over the weekend and found out that i need a new distributor and head gasket, so therefore id rather use that money towards a new engine, as i have wanted to upgrade to a bigger engine at some point.

i have been offered a b16a2 engine and was wondering how easy this is to fit into my car? and what parts do i need for the full conversion? gearbox etc?

any help would be very much appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
mm you will need alot, gearbox, driveshafts intake mani/exhuast mani, mounts, new rad, ecu, loom, etc etc etc
what year was the car the b16a2 is coming out of? coz that matters too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well lets forget the b16a2 now, i have been offered a b16a now, which comes from a 1994 car. which is the same year as mine. it comes with the engine,gearbox,ecu,loom, shafts and suspension. so would this be easier as its from the same year car as mine?

·
Registered
289 Posts
depends how much and the mileage...now a days you can pick up a complete car with that engine for the same price as the engine alone

·
Registered
351 Posts
depends who u buy it off . there are good runners outthere that need to much work for mot and they just get scrapped athlough the engines sweet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the b16a has done around 70k, i would buy a doner car,but i have limited funds, im getting the whole lot fitted for 350 and the engine and gearbox etc is costing 650. so would it be a hard swap or not?

·
Registered
289 Posts
so your getting it all for around 1k? thats decent..i couldnt tell you whats involved as i have not done an engine conversion...i am saving to get my integra dc2 8-| and then when i got the car ill have to save for insurance which will probally cost more then the car

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what id like, a dc2, insurance would kill me though as im only 19. but my other halfs dad has a dc2 and it does go some.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Looking around, I believe this is the first topic on this entire forum regarding a Honda Civic breaking down...

·
Registered
8 Posts
im not sure if all you answerd i did the swap with a d16z6 but let me tell you this alot of work is involved .... like gas tank removal , entire wiring loom underdash man too much to list pm me if you really want to go ahed with it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts