Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. im not sure what im taliking about when it comes to engines. just wondering how difficult it is to replace my thrashed 1.5 16v lump out of my coupe and putting a b16a engine to replace. same engine mounts? wiring loom etc? how difficult? what to look out for? help would be appreciated. cheers. dave

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Which LSi is it you have a 92-95 or a 96-00?

I think the 92-95's just drop straight in where with the 96-00's you need to replace the mounts

·
Registered
332 Posts
right as edd says mounts depending on year will need changed, engine loom, dizzy, alternator, gearbox,ecu, driveshafts etc will need changed. depending on the year of the your car and the engines year you will have to change its obd, whats wrong with your current engine? i have a d16z6 cylinder head for sale to convert your lsi into a mini-me vtec machine! alot easier plus you will get 135bhp and will rev to 8000rpm! + good torque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think valve stem seals are knackered, mite be piston rings!lots of blue/black smoke from the exhausts.think its had a hard life plus it inhales bout a litre and a half of oil a week! its a 94 model coupe. appreciate the offer but think the whole lot needs replacing or at least reconning but want a bit more ommph!

·
Registered
332 Posts
thought of something else there, if you want to be legit (tell the dvla, ins etc) you will need a technitions report, to make sure everything is how it should be, which means seeing as you lsi only has drum brakes on the back you may have to get a rear disk convertion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts