Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can anyone help me?
iv got a b16a2 engine out of a 93 eg6, i want to fit it into a later model civic (p reg) 1.4 which i believe has the d14a3 engine.
i need to know what i need to do the conversion.

at the moment i have the b16 engine, engine wiring loom, ecu, drive shafts, gearbox, gear linkage and lower rear engine mount.

i know il probly have to run wires for vtec but will the engine wiring just plug straight into the wiring loom?
will i also need the hubs for the drive shafts to fit?
are all the other mounts the same?
basically is there anything else i need?

i kno theres probly loads of stuff on the net but i cant seem to clear up what i need to know.
im gonna be doin the conversion myself so just wanna get every thing i need ready
any help much appreciated.
thanx
jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
no, First you will need to re mount the engine mounts,
you can just run the vtec wires, but if they are not crrect vtec will simply not work! best running the whole loom?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do u mean by re mount the engine mounts?
surely it will be easier to run just a couple of wires than it would be to change the wiring loom as long as i get the correct pin locations?
say i do decide to just run the wires, will the engine loom just plug into the the car loom in the engine bay and will the ecu plug straight in?
apart from these 2 things is it all just plug n play?
thanx for yur reply
jon

·
Registered
188 Posts
j0n said:
what do u mean by re mount the engine mounts?
surely it will be easier to run just a couple of wires than it would be to change the wiring loom as long as i get the correct pin locations?
say i do decide to just run the wires, will the engine loom just plug into the the car loom in the engine bay and will the ecu plug straight in?
apart from these 2 things is it all just plug n play?
thanx for yur reply
jon
no it wont, u will need to run the whole loom as ur older one wont plug into ur ECU.

also if u have the mounts on from the B16 their all u need.
it gets more complicated with B18's as u will start needing new ecu's etc.

but uve basically got everything mate.

Engine,
gearbox,
ecu,
wiring loom,
and drive shafts

also ide recomend a walbro 255lhp fuel pump, as ur old one was made only to supply a single cam engine, so ur vtec will be mega weak! till u stick that pump in there.

it will rev harder and faster when its not in vtec simply because ur standard pump cant supply enough fuel for the engine once vtec kicks in.

hope this helps and good luck with it mate.

Nuno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts