Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, have a question 4 all the tech heads on here! i own an EG9 and when i bought the car i got a spare head with it, the head has a stamp on it, PR3-1. my VTi has a stamp on it, PR3-2. my mate has a standard EK4 with a PR3-2 head and he has another EK4 that apparently had a type-r head fitted and it is stamped PR3-1. are the heads any different? can some one shed some light on this? would it be worth my while swapping the heads over? any info would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well the EG9 has a B16A engine which is the top of the line short of the B16B which is in the Type R EK9. I'm not sure about the stamps though so I don't really know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i already knew i jus wonderd if the stamp maybe reffered to the b18 head from a dc2 itr? apparently my b16a2 has type r cams from an integra, thats why the head ive got has no cams with it, i was told the head is from an integra but im not beleiving it till i have some proof!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my mates sisters integra has a PR3-2 head on it, its a 98 integra type r, is there any difference in the heads? bigger ports or anything?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts