Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Benn, 21 from Northants. I have a 2003 1.6 Sport. Not really done much to it yet, new stereo and de-badged but planning to do more now that I have a new job and can afford it. Think I'll be starting with new speakers and alloys and see where we go from there. Will get some pictures of the car at some point.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome to the site mate, what colour is your sport? my mate just bought one of these

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right here are some photos I took this morning. Much cleaner then normal.

In this last one you can see the lovely mess my "mate" made of the paintwork whilst de-badging it. Anyone know any way of getting rid of this, or at least making it less obvious?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you want to get some scratch remover/squirl remover. meguairs scratch X has been reccommended. it might make it better but if the lacquer is scratched through to the paint your going to have to get him to cough up some money for a spray!

if you want to make it better without having to spend loads on a spray you could get an orbital polishing device, looks like a handheld grinder, and some levels of polish. then spend about a day and a half on "buzzing" your car (a panel at a time) with it and you will get a mirror finish. spending about 5 mins extra on the heavily scratched areas and you might buff it out!

start with the scratch X (under £9 in halfrauds). you could use t-cut or similar but its generally not as good

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the tip about Scratch X stug, I picked some up on the way back from work today and just been out having a pop at the scratches and they've come up a treat. Looks great. Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts