Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hooked up the Ground wire to raw piece of metal (i sanded down) in the boot and still not luck :sad: :sad: :sad:

i know the amp is getting power because when i put the 12 volt wire on the remote the power lights up

i dont want to pay anyone to put it in because i know i can do it

here is my ground wire what do you guys/girls think ???????????????????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Looks fine, so it powers on when you bridge the 12v to the remote but not when you have the remote wire connected? Sounds like a faulty remote tbh.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nope, the remote turns the power on. If you can bridge from 12v to remote and it works ok then its your remote wire.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks edd ill give it a shot when i have some free time... ill let you know how it goes... hows the turbo build going ?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its been on halt for a while been in France and then it was my bday so been busy lol Hopefully going to crack on this week tho!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked the remote cable, its all plugged in correctly...still not working arhhh i dont get it :(:(:(

im soo sure its the ground wire i have no idea were-else to put it

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Do you have a electrical testing machine? Make sure the remote is giving you a current.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i checked the fuses and there all fine... i will take out my amp and put it in my frends car and see if it works or not... but i was told by my mate that gave it to me that it was working fine, hope it aint my head unit :|

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think your right paul..... i took my amp and sub to my friends car and it all worked (i took the wires out of his amp and just put them on mine)..... i was gona take his stereo out and put it in my car to see if something is wrong with my stereo BUTTTTTTTTT his stereo wouldnt budge and i didnt want to snap anything.

-- 05 Nov 2008, 14:33 --

edd and paul u was both right it was my remote cable.... its all working now :D.... the problem was i had it connect to the "Remote Cable" on my head unit for remote buttons on the steering wheel ect... :redface: .... when i looked at the wire diagram there was two remote cables the other 1 being for the amp soo when i switched them over it started working... just goes to show you even if you think you found the cable your after just read to see what the others do...i feel silly now haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts