Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at turboing my d16z6 engine and was wondering if anyone has used a turbo kit from ebay?

does anyone know if they are any good?

cheers

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The Ebay turbo kits tend to be shite. They are made from cheap materials and the manafolds tend to crack. However if you are only running low boost then they might hold for a while. However you get what you pay for, buy cheap buy twice and all that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you ever used one? im not to bothered about the manifold as i can get one made cheap anought. i was more thinking of the turbo, wastegate and intercooler as all the pipework is cheap and easy to get hold of.

·
Registered
770 Posts
im guessing your looking at the XS power kit yea?

i had the exact same trail of thought as you, buy the cheap kit and replace the parts that are crap.

the bits you want to keep are the bits i wouldn't trust tbh, just save up and buy a greddy kit.

or you could always go to your local scrappy and see if you can pull an internally wastegated turbo off a volvo or sabb and fab up all the pipe work for it if you can get it done cheap.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Don't get one off eBay. It will cause no end of trouble, not to mention screwing with your ECU and probably causing permanent damage to your engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts