Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has aircon, so needs to be the multi-ribbed belt. It's slipping a bit under hard acceleration, so I assume it's worn/stretched to the point where it's not gripping any more, and has run for 123K miles so is past it really.

As usual Honda charge the earth, so has anyone run a pattern part cheaper belt, and found it to be reliable?

Euro Car Parts sell Dayco belts, but I've not heard of them before. I know Blue Print have a good reputation for belts, but haven't found a source for one yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My last car was a VW Polo 6N1 which was very low mileage and ended up being a nightmare due to getting service parts from Euro Car Parts and they were all new and turned out substandard and i had to replace them with genuine VW parts. I had 2 distributors in 1 week from Euro Car Parts. In my experiences they are good for wiper blades, oil and bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they were reconditioned parts, their quality depends upon the rebuild and they often rush this. A local starter/alternator reconditioner says they only fit one new brush to the reconditioned starters in some cases they've heard.

I found http://www.mister-auto.co.uk sell the Blueprint belt, which I'm going to try. It's about 1/3 the price of the Honda belt, so it seems worth it. I'll keep an eye on it and will carry the old part around with me, in case I need to swap it over and not near my garage.

It's much easier to fit an old belt than a new one!

I can't remember how I got the new Honda belt on my old car, but it was really tight and just the attempts at fitting it took an hour. I really thought I had the wrong part at the beginning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to report that the Blueprint belt is still going strong in the 10000 or so miles I've had it on for now. No slippage and it went back on fine during my alternator replacement job last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts