Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody on this site ever put a engine into a 1.3? im being told that there is things missing that ill need because its a 1.3 is this true?

·
Registered
332 Posts
what engine are you planning on putting in? if its another 1.3 then your cool, if not then yes, you will have to change more than just the engine!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
There's no such thing as putting an engine in a 1.3. The 1.3 engine is the one you will be removing! What model are you talking about?

Please. Give a little more info when asking for people to give up their time to help you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
weetec said:
put a engine into a 1.3?
i think he means putting another engine in, its the way its worded alec, kinda confuses you huh! yeah alot more info is needed mate in order to help

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
esikris:

1. It's Alec. Not Alex.
2. It didn't confuse me. How did you reach that conclusion? I was saying he wasn't making sense, not that I didn't understand what he was trying to say.

·
Registered
332 Posts
alec:
1. sorry! my bad, have edited! :)
2. this whole topic is becoming confusing! the way you worded yours made me come to that conclusion! lol
your right though it didn't make any sense!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry people should of been more clear. im wanting to put a dc2 engine in but keep getting told that my 1.3 bali doesnt have the things i need to put it in.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
You may have to make some modifications, and I wouldn't do it without someone that knew how, but don't let anyone tell you a DC2 engine won't fit.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mm again im not entirely sure what you mean, what do you mean the bali doesn't have the 'things' you need to put in? of course you will have to change most things, you could put any engine in if you have the money!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont no what he means really. i think he means that if i put it in a lsi it would be easier becasue the bali is a different model and doesnt have some of the things a lsi would. also i know you will have to change most things and i know that it will fit i just need to know weather its true that its harded to put in a 1.3 bali?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ok to try and clear things up:

1) The mounts might be different (they should be the same but you will have to check)
2) You will need to use the wiring loom from the DC2 engine
3) You will need a DC2 gearbox
4) You will need DC2 driveshafts as the 1.3 ones wont handle the power and also may not fit
5) Need new brakes and clutch
6) You will also need to upgrade your suspension

I'm sure there is more but these are some for starters

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
1) The mounts will be different (they should be the same but you will have to check)
2) You will need to use the wiring loom from the DC2 engine
3) You will need a DC2 gearbox
4) You will need DC2 driveshafts as the 1.3 ones wont handle the power and also may not fit
5) Need new brakes and clutch
6) You will also need to upgrade your suspension

7) You will need the front end of the car to get all the parts you need from the integra.
8) Someone who has done this conversion before needs to be contacted about problems there can be with the loom and basic fitting
9) You will need a lot of tools and the skill to use them.
10) You will need at least 4 days of work to finish the project (not including obtaining parts etc)

·
Registered
36 Posts
you also need the fuel tank, fuel pump and basically the hole fuel delivery system as the 1.3 has crappy carburetor tbh just buy a cheapa ass lsi to do it the dx brakes are craaaaap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts