Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im starting up a bodyworking course next year but i am looking to get alot of my equipment very shortly to mess about

and practice a bit before it all starts up, just wandering as i currently have no experience in this, is there a certain spec of

paintgun/compressor i should be looking to get? obviously not looking to be splashing out on top end spec stuff but i certainly

dont want a cheapy set which will make the job harder for me and have poor quality!!

also if you have any other advice for somebody starting up, it will be greatly appreciated!

cheers
josh

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey mate !

right basicly the heart of the job is air ,so get the biggest air compressor you can run/afford

i have a small snap on compressor i use for customer tuch ups at there homes etc

the best set up is imo

air compressor

filter/reg/trap

air line

the gun i would highly recomend for yourself would be a devilbiss sri runs on fresh air and you will still use it once you have your time served

also have a look at tex air palm sanders the use little air too but are quite expensive @ £110+

hope this helps

tommy

Edit:

also some sanding blocks will help you on your way

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats great thanks!! need to call into the college soon to start up the course so wil have a quick chat with one of the tutors too!!

just got a bit confused when i first started looking for stuff as they all obviously have different psi ratings etc and i couldnt find any that recommended

a certain pressure for the kind of stuff i will be doing!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
we always sit our air at around 80 psi at the reg on the wall

then we use a gauge/reg as it goes into the gun ...

the pressure is not the main factor its the cfm you realy have to look at

follow guide lines for the brand of gun .... this is were most people fall through

when you start upgrading your guns the more air flow you will need eg my sata 2000 hvlp digital requires 2 bar of pressure at 15 cfm :eek: thats alot lol

but leave the clear like glass

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea see i have alot more reading up to do as all this cfm and 2 bar pressure is gobbledygook to me lol

and when i was looking for equipment i dont know what to go for as i dont really understand what makes one gun different to the next, it will all be clear next year i suppose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts