Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just swapped an engine into a mates coupe, was a d16y7 but he got hold of a lsi cheap (write off) with a d15z6

i swapped the engines over yesterday and plumbed it all up etc

i went to start the car but it wont fire, i checked there was fuel getting to injectors which there was and i checked that there was spark, all good but it wont fire the timing is spot on and i was told thet the engine was running fine prior to removal

its confused the shit out of me and everyone i have spoken to about it

if you have any ideas what could be the problem im all ears

cheers

broonie

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
It could be the engine management that is stopping to from firing up. Different engines have different engine management ECU's. Take the car round to a honda dealer and they should be able to fire the car up with the correct management systmes. That is if this is the problem.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it dawned on me today that it could be the immobiliser, the car the engine came out of had an immobiliser and i have only taken its ecu, obviously the ecu doesnt recognise the coupe key so a new key will be needed and reprogrammed to let the car run on that ecu

does that make sense?

its all i can think of it being lol

oh yeah the boy is now skint and has no job so if anyone has any very cheap ideas that would help so i can get his car of the farm and let me finish my own :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Tow rope perhaps??

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
lol, either that or you get a low loader to take it to his, which will cost about £100 or more

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
use the digger and put it on top of the donor car on the trailer and get them both away lol

im going to try the ignition barrel from the donor car and see if that helps, if not ill just plug in the old ecu and drive it down to his with no vtec

but failing all that tow rope it is lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Yes sounds like a plan lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dose the car turn over with the starter motor when you turn the key? but it just won't fire?

You didn't crank the engine over with 1 or more of the spark plugs removed did you? If so you've just lost the compression in the cyclinder... Just batter on an keep turning it over, make sure you've got a booster pack incase your battery goes flat.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorted,

it was imobiliser like i thought, just unpluged the little sensor thing on the barrel took out the little black box from under column and used the key all from the donor car to turn off the imobiliser then used the coupe key to start the car, a total PITA but its running sweet now and the boy is happy as larry with it

he is goint to change the barrel over himself, i refused to do it lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
lol, well glad to hear everything is all running now

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
broonie86 said:
he is goint to change the barrel over himself, i refused to do it lol
Dont blame you haha! I have a yellow heap of shit that belongs to Hugh clogging up my farm at the moment!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts