Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo folks, i recieved a JBL BTX-250 Bass Tube (as far as i know, could be a different model) from one of my m8s, i didnt think it was giving out any bass which i was correct about. All the bass is coming from my 6x9's. Everything is wired up fine, have the REM (little blue wire) connected to the headunit, the L and R audio cables connected to the Sub-W slots in the back o the head-unit and obviously the power and ground are in the correct place.

I opened up the sub and the cables are on nicely. I also noticed that bass DOES come from the tube, but only when i push the Subs speaker in by about a few millimeters, as soon as i let go the bass stops :S Anyone got any idea how to solve this problem ?

Im an electrical engineer in the making but it beats me, the only other suggestion i had...was that the problem might be inside the speaker itself but its 'i think' impossible to get the speaker out, i can see screws but cant access them from the front end. >:-(

*Edit - I managed to download a manual for the sub, which will allow me to take the speaker out and have a look

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey buddy, first of all, is the light on the amp powering up? (if there is one), if not, attach the remote wire to a live to see if the amp powers up. also check the fuses on the amp and the live cable. Try connecting your RCA's to another output on the back of your headunit. What headunit you got?

If your saying that the bass kicks when pressure is applied to the sub, it might be that the voice coils have gone on the sub itself.

HTH
Raj

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of that twatnav LOL !!!

Yeah RS, the green light on the amp was on, i actually thot i had fixed it at like 12midnight last night, the bass was working for about 10 minutes and then stopped :'( The fuses are fine. Ill try connecting to another output on the headunit n see what happens. Its a flip down Alpine head unit, CDA-9833 or something is the model number. Ill let yous know how i get on.

cheers <3

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it did work for a few mins and then went off, check the heat on the amp, see if its over heating. also check all the leads to make sure non of them are earthing and check the earth to make sure the contact is good. also the thickness of the power/earth leads will cause the amp to cut out if it cant draw enough power.

If you were closer, id come help you out.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah get another sub and see if that works, it sounds as though the sub is on the way out dude.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers RS man, my m8 was gonna have a look at it today but hes at work, so ill have to get it done tomorrow. Ill let yas know how i get on, dont think itll be much of a problem once i get it in the garage where all the decent tools are. I also noticed inside the tube that theres only 1 of the 10" subwoofers connected, the other one is just sitting there with no wires connected..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts