Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have seen stiffer anti role bars on the internet.
puttin a stiff anti role bar on the back is ment to help handeling loads. but my car dosnt have a anti role bar on the back... :'( , so how hard would it be to fit one?

cheers

phil

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hi
most cars have specific subframes /mounting points for arbs if you dont have one unless you can find a purpose made adapter kit if one even exists for your model car it will be very difficult if not impossible to fit an arb were there never was one ,
even if you just uprate the front it will have amazing results
a lot of cars dont respond well to heavy rear arbs as they tend to lift the rear inside wheel in a corner which gives less grip and results in lift off oversteer and unless you have mastered that you can get very out of shape.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, cheers did think it would be difficult to do. ahh well. and the lift off understeer, ye.. my old car was amazing 4 that, and ye i had mastered it, untill i was comeing home late one night, in the pi**ing rain, and i just lost it into a wall. lol.

thanks paul

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welding mouting points onto the subframe wouldnt be difficult, so maby if i got the rear hub assmebly bits 4 the vti, i could fit the rear discs and anti role bar.... what do you recon?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
strut bars add rigidity
anti-roll bars stop wheels from going up and down as fast, in relation to the other axle.

therefore uprated anti-roll bars will be better on their own.
combined with a good geometry and quality springs and damper settings you can make some great handling cars!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
a lot of race series cars eg. touring cars remove the arbs in the wet due to the inside rear wheel lift problem, also to stiff an arb on the road mainly rough roads transfer the bumping from one side to the other causing the car to wobble around more
the anti roll bar does exactly what it say STUG mate it doesnt slow the wheel down from going up and down thats the dampers job
all they do is transfer pressure through the bar to the other wheel to try and make the 2 wheels make the same movement but still have some independance from each other
if you go to dull with the size of a rear anti roll bar on front wheel drive cars especially its not good
and thats first hand experiance my last car i went from a 22mm arb to an 18mm as it didnt behave as well in the real world with the heavier sprung bar on it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
it doesnt affect speed of the wheel. dont know where i was going there! i can picture exactly how an arb works in my head!

i would like to uprate my arb but i also want to get coilovers to reduce body roll. im thinking that the coilovers are going to do a better job than just obtaining an uprated arb. i can just set the damping to a faster rate for a bit more comfort!

·
Registered
30 Posts
been thinking about doing this myself too. I have seen one where the anit roll bar and the lower strut are in one, canny remember where i saw it though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What do you want to use the car for?!

Ie: Track, street, drag - bit of everthing!? Mega low show?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts